Wednesday, June 23, 2010

wiennies and rice

If you are a Jones chances are  you have had wiennies and rice while at Grandma Jones'. It pretty much is a family favorite. Well on Sunday evening I was talking to my wonderful father (on fathers day) and asked if he had a good time at my sister Celeste house for dinner. He said, she made wiennies and rice, tutti fruiti ice cream etc... He was in heaven! The next morning after telling Celeste how much dad enjoyed his dinner she said you have to make it for your kids! Brad and Marisa LOVED it. So as always when I make something new the kids are very hesitant to eat it and say it looks like things you wouldn't eat. I have to say when I was your age and we went to my grnadmas house I didn't want to eat it either BUT I tried it and most of the time I loved it. Then of course it is usually the same outcome. Hannah, Haleigh and Alex finished every last bite and Hannah even licked the bowl! Thanks Granna, We all love and miss you! Thanks for the reciepe Celeste!

5 comments:

  1. I was seriously thinking about doing a post about this. We love them and eat them all the time! Good to know that you're kids like them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a Jones, but Brad has told me all about this dish. I finally asked Marilyn for the recipe and made it last week. Brad was thrilled and said it tasted just like he remembered. I'm not into hot dogs, so we used turkey dogs instead. I'm sure we'll have it again, although it will most likely be at Brad's urging ... I wasn't as enthusiastic as everyone else seems to be. But if your kids are licking their plates clean ... that's got to count for something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I love that you blogged about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe he's a year and this is the first time i've seen him. I guess JT's are just made that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't fathom why anyone (Aunt Louise and Kelly) would not like this succulent dish. It's now part of our recipe rotation.

    ReplyDelete

Followers